For all levels of experience. On top of being Summit County’s oldest fly fishing guide service we are also the only Tenkara fly fishing guide service. Tenkara is a traditional Japanese style of fly fishing that does not use a reel. Learn how to fish Tenkara with experienced guides for Rainbow, Brown, Brook, and Cutthroat trout!
Guided Tenkara is available on these rivers:
- Blue River
- Colorado River
- Williams Fork River
- Eagle River
- Arkansas River
- Middle Fork of the South Platte River
- South Fork of the South Platte River
Travel times vary from 10-30 minutes on half days and 30 minutes to one hour on full days.
1/2 Day Wade/Walk Tenkara Fly Fishing Price
- One Person – $250
- Two People – $315
- Three People – $400
Full Day Wade/Walk Tenkara Fly Fishing Price
- One Person – $350
- Two People – $425
- Three People – $525
We also offer Tenkara on our private ranches! Limited availability.
Additional Tenkara Trip Info:
- Breathable waders and premium Zen Fly Fishing Gear tenkara rods are provided for your pleasure.
- 3 person maximum per guide.
- Colorado fishing license required.
- Reservations only.
- Ages 12 and over.
- Trips average 5 hours on half days and depart at 8:00 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. daily.
- Trips average 9 hours on full days and depart at 7:30 a.m. daily.
- See our equipment list for our suggestions for clothing and personal equipment
- All trips are privately booked trips. You will not be added to another trip.